ABOUT THE CAMPAIGN
Delaware First: The Campaign for the University of Delaware is the first of its kind for the University, an unprecedented, comprehensive engagement and fundraising campaign that, with the help of generous donors, will shape the future of UD. Here you will find information about our Campaign Ambassadors, how you can get engaged with UD, links to videos and photo galleries, and FAQs to help explain the Campaign.
Thank you to our dedicated Campaign Ambassadors who champion this monumental effort to accelerate UD’s mission.
President’s Leadership Council
John R. Collins ’80
Coni Frezzo ’78
DELAWARE FIRSTS AT UD:
For 275 years, Delaware has been a place of “firsts.” The Delaware Firsts at UD slideshow highlights some of those pioneering moments.
At UD, we pride ourselves on bringing students, faculty, alumni, friends and the community together to explore and grow ideas that impact the world beyond campus. Learn more in the video below. Growing Ideas We’ve identified core Campaign priorities that, once achieved, will help shape UD’s future and advance the University advance from excellence to preeminence. Learn more about each in the videos below. Campaign Priorities Overview Biden Institute Graduate Education Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- Student scholarships
- Endowed professorships
- Graduate fellowships
- Cutting-edge research
- Experiential learning opportunities
These initiatives will set the foundation for excellence as we strive to reach even greater heights in undergraduate and graduate education.
2) Extending Our Impact on the Region and the World Your support will also position us to create a dynamic environment for discovery and problem-solving that will position UD to help solve some of the most pressing challenges facing America and the world. Core priorities include:
3. How did the name for the Campaign originate? Why “Delaware First?” The name, Delaware First: The Campaign for the University of Delaware, was generated in an independent effort to put esteem for UD at the forefront of philanthropic consciousness. It was designed to follow on the past UD brand identity, Dare to Be First, and pay homage to the areas where we are “first,” including the first state, first study abroad program, etc. This sentiment behind the name starts with the love of our home state of Delaware, the First State, and the thread of pioneering vision that has created, defined and advanced institutional promise that UD has brought forward as a “first” in many categories. We focused the messaging on philanthropy and engagement – asking our constituents to make UD first of their philanthropic priorities since our Campaign initiatives are bold and not replicated at other universities—a “first” of their kind. We hope this phrasing will translate to generous regard for the University as people put UD first in their hearts when considering opportunities to make a difference in our society and our future. 4. How did you arrive at the $750 million campaign goal? The University of Delaware united all seven colleges and athletics for an internal investigation of existing strengths and goals and compared them with society’s greatest needs. The combined list of financial priorities totaled $1.4 billion, but we determined that $750 million was possible within the campaign’s 10-year timeframe. 5. Will this campaign remove student debt load? One of UD’s priorities is to ensure that students from a variety of backgrounds are able to achieve their dream of attending college, regardless of their family’s financial situation. The Delaware First campaign aims to increase endowed scholarship support, which, combined with private support and UD programs like the Blue Hen Success Collaborative and our Commitment to Delawareans, will not eliminate student debt, but will help improve UD’s ability to assist students financially in a significant way.
- Financially support any area of UD that is meaningful. All gifts of any amount count in the campaign.
- Hire fellow Blue Hen alumni for jobs or hire a student for an internship.
- Volunteer as a member of a Regional Alumni Club or the UDAA board of directors.
- Become a Career Advisor for students and young alumni through the UD Career Advising Network (UD CAN).
- Wear UD gear and advocate for UD wherever you can.
- Update your contact information every year so we can keep in touch.
If you have a UD story to share, questions or need assistance, we are available from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern Time Monday through Friday. Email:email@example.com | Phone: 302.831.2104 | Mail: Use the gift form to mail in your donation | Visit: www.udel.edu/alumni-friends If you’d like to talk with one of our development professionals about your gift, please use the categories below to help find the person who best matches your interests.
(i.e. buildings, major programs, etc.)
James W. Dicker
P | 302.831.0530 Email
Senior Associate Vice President
(i.e. professorships, scholarships, fellowships, etc.)
P | 302.831.3043 Email
Regional Gifts (i.e. outside of the Mid-Atlantic region)
Assistant VP, Regional and Global Programs P | 302.831.6595 Email
Senior Director of Development, Midwest Region P | 302.831.6211 Email
Senior Director of Development, Eastern Region P | 302.831.6993 Email
Senior Director of Development, New York Region P | 267.236.2275 Email
Associate Vice President, Strategic Initiatives P | 302.831.7435 Email
College Directors of Development
Earth, Ocean & the Environment Education & Human Development Email
Arts & Sciences Email
Lerner College of Business & Economics Email
Agriculture & Natural Resources Health Sciences Email
Athletic Facilities Gifts
Senior Director, Development P | 302.831.1075 Email
Annual Fund Gifts
Director, Annual Giving & Alumni Marketing P | 302.831.7446 Email
Associate VP, Alumni Engagement Annual Giving P | 302.831.1408 Email
Senior Director, Office of Parent & Family Giving P | 302.831.0764 Email
(i.e. corporate, company or organization matching charitable gifts)
Assistant Director, Advanced Gift Services P | 302.831.3765 Email
(i.e. will or estate gifts)
Assistant VP, Principal Planned Gifts P | 302.831.8633 Email
Corporate and Foundation Gifts
Senior Director, Corporate and Foundation Relations P | 302.831.4460 Email
Donor Relations and Stewardship
Director, Donor Relations P | 302.831.1694 Email